“The trainer was very knowledgeable and delivered the course in a very good, easy to understand style.”
To give fire fighters an introduction to fire behaviour, its development and burning characteristics. Students will also understand how to recognise and assess the risks of compartment fires.
This Civil Aviation Authority approved course is practically oriented, demonstrating how to save lives and deal with incidents at aerodromes. Amongst other activities students will be able to:
- Understand the terms combustion, pyrolysis, hot gases and limits of flammability
- Understand the implication and hazards of these, in relation to compartment fire fighting
- Identify the signs of a flashover
- Identify the signs of a back draught
- Recognise the development of a compartment fire and the effect construction has on that fire
- Understand the limitations of fire ground PPE
- Carry out correct door entry procedures
You will also experience
An intense period of practical fire fighting at our field training facility. Consequently prospective students must be deemed medically fit to take part.
DurationTwo days, non-residential. Accommodation can be arranged if required.
Cost / datesPlease call +44 (0) 1293 503 015 to discuss